Residential RN - Long Term Care
Rochester, NY (Eastern Suburb, near Webster, NY)
Residential RN Job Summary:
Residential RN Background:
- The RN is responsive for the Intake and routine Health Assessment of residents of a long term care community.
- They provide nursing services to assigned site participants, consultation, and any required clinical supervision related to the provision of nursing services or other Individual Program Plan components for which responsible.
- Provide or secure Initial and Annual Nursing Assessments on all people, following the format established by the Program.
- Ensure the development of outcomes and methods to address nursing problems or needs and to maximize assets or strengths for inclusion in the person’s IPP, developed in collaboration with the physician, other supporting nurses, and dietitian, as well as other relevant ITT members.
- Provide or assure nursing services on a regular basis to achieve IPP goals and services.
- Assure the administration of prescribed medications to individuals, review physicians’ orders, and maintain sanitary conditions and supplies.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- At least 1-3 years nursing experience, preferably in an acute care hospital, or sub-acute facility.
- Prefer 2-3 years experience with seeing patients in home care, hospice, and other provider settings, including people with developmental disabilities / vulnerable populations.
- Experience working with Federal and State assistance programs (Medicare/Medicaid/etc) preferred.
- Computer savvy (MS Word & Excel) and typing skills are necessary.
- Strong oral and written communication skills: Ability to interact within all levels of the organization and with external contacts.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.
- Must be willing and able to travel in area (mileage reimbursed), if needed.
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.