Health Assessment Nurse Practitioner
*** Multiple Full-Time, Benefits Available, LOCUM TENENS opportunities!***
Nurse Practitioner Job Summary:
**Requires travel to facilities and member homes (mileage reimbursed)!**
Nurse Practitioner Background:
- Perform comprehensive annual assessments and provide comprehensive primary care delivery and care coordination to adults of all ages, specializing in those who have complex physical, developmental, intellectual, and behavioral health conditions, requiring extensive clinical support.
- This is a travel assignment working from a home-based office and meeting with members, in the office, home, inpatient facility, or community-based on the members’ individual needs.
- The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will conduct the initial health assessment of new and existing members, document their findings, and transfer the completed medical assessment to a care management team that will design and implement a care plan for each member.
- The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will strictly be responsible for the initial health assessment of members, not the long term treatment or care management of members.
- The Nurse Practitioner will primarily interact with members of the adult population in established clinic as well as in member homes.
- Valid, unrestricted state Nurse Practitioner (N.P.) certification and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (A.P.R.N.) license.
- Must have active Nurse Practitioner Board Certification, Controlled Substances License
- Requires current and valid CPR or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Requires 1-3 years of experience with adult/geriatric population as an RN or NP, preferably in a Primary Care or Home Health Care setting.
- Intermediate computer literacy, including electronic medical record documentation, is required.
- Prefer candidates certified to work with the adult population age group, or experienced at home care / home visits.
- Valid State Driver's license and vehicle for travel.
- Must be willing and able to travel in area (mileage reimbursed).