View all jobs
Healthcare Data AnalystPhoenix, AZ
Healthcare Data Analyst
Phoenix, AZ 85021
- Using analytic tools, identify, design, recommend, and execute solutions to deliver actionable information to customers.
- Under general supervision, analyze healthcare data at the customer segment level, including comparison to plan-level benchmarks
- Serve as an internal technical and analytic consultant to define business questions and transform data into straight meaningful and actionable information for a variety of customer segments
- Provide follow up consultation on solutions as needed.
- Provide reporting on sales, products, medical costs, medical management and claims.
- Display initiative in research beyond the specific assignment
- Pursue expansion of current knowledge and skills
- Meaningfully contribute to the area's workload, considering volume and complexity
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, statistics, healthcare administration or related field of study
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data analysis using analytic tools and processes
- Prefer 3 years of experience working for a healthcare organization/health insurance plan
Only local candidates will be considered. Sponsorship is not available at this time.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced skills in mathematics and statistics
- Intermediate skill with SAS and/or SQL
- Broad understanding of health insurance terms and concepts
- Analytical knowledge necessary to initiate novel approaches to existing and emerging business opportunities involving population health, dynamic pricing, behavioral economics, or related fields
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and improve the team's knowledge base