Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) RN - Night Shifts
Thousand Oaks, CA
Job Type: Full Time (3 x 12 hour shifts)
** 12 week contract offers 3 x 12 hour schedule from 7pm-7am (Rotating Weekends)! **
PICU RN Duties & Responsibilities:
*** SIGN-ON BONUS of $10,000 for a 2 year commitment to Full Time Night shift! ***
PICU RN Background:
- This RN position is responsible for coordinating, overseeing and providing direct care to patients on the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
- Performs direct patient care through utilization of the nursing process in accordance with the California Nurse Practice Act, physician orders, hospital policies and procedures, and established professional standards.
- This position manages individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- The RN is responsible for acting as the patient advocate and for providing direct patient care.
- This position requires advanced nursing skill and abilities to assess and anticipate changes in patient condition.
- This position requires a high level of critical thinking abilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Active, current, and unrestricted licensed as a Registered Nurse (R.N.) in the State of Texas.
- Around of 2-5 years of clinical experience in acute care nursing required.
- Requires 2+ years of recent PICU experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with patients, families, and medical staff both verbally and written.
- BLS/CPR certification.