UAS Assessment RN - Long Term Service & Support (LTSS)
TeleCommute / Field in Erie County, NY (Buffalo Metro Area and beyond)
* Mix of telephonic (Work-From-Home) & field Case Management, traveling to member homes within the county! *
UAS Assessment RN Job Summary:
*** Great for nurses who love variety and area travel (mileage reimbursed)!! ***
UAS Assessment RN Background:
- The UAS (Uniform Assessment System) Health Assessment RN is responsive for the initial and routine Health Assessment of members of a long term care program.
- Conduct face to face UAS assessments according to state guidelines, policies, procedures and protocols in member home or skilled nursing facility.
- Provide linkage to appropriate community resources, referral to appropriate care services and communicate with providers in order to reduce health disparities and improve health care outcomes.
- Develop plan based on knowledge and expertise in clinical practice and disease states to promote improved health care outcomes and quality of life.
- Support members with medication reviews and connections to home and community based services as needed
- Travel throughout Erie County with occasional travel to additional counties
- Meet regulatory and agency policy and procedures
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal interpersonal skills in order to handle difficult situations in a professional and courteous manner within the community and the organization
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- UASNY certified is highly preferred.
- Requires 1-3 years’ experience with seeing patients in home care, hospice, or similar community based case management experience.
- Experience working with Federal and State assistance programs (Medicare/Medicaid/etc) is a plus
- Must have demonstrable experience with prior field/travel assignments.
- Must be comfortable seeing members in their homes, hospice, long term care (LTC) and assisted living facilities.
- Basic computer (MS Word & Excel) and typing skills are necessary.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
- FIELD POSITION: Must be willing and able to travel throughout the assigned area (mileage reimbursed).