Hospital Step Down RN - Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
Job Type: Full Time Overnight Shift (3 x 12 hour shifts)
** 12 week contract offers 3 x 12 hour schedule from 7pm-7am Sat/Mon/Tue! **
Staff RN Duties & Responsibilities:
* Health care benefits available from the first day of the contract! *
Staff RN Background:
- This RN position is responsible for coordinating, overseeing and providing direct care to patients with a focus on Progressive Care Unit (P.C.U.) recovery, often coronary.
- The RN specializes in acute or chronic multi-system organ failure affecting the heart, lungs and circulatory system.
- This position manages individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- The RN is responsible for acting as the patient advocate and for providing direct patient care.
- This position requires advanced nursing skill and abilities to assess and anticipate changes in patient condition.
- This position requires a high level of critical thinking abilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Active, current, and unrestricted licensed as a Registered Nurse (R.N.) in the State of Louisiana.
- Minimum of 2 year clinical experience in acute care nursing required.
- Previous travel nursing experience required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with patients, families, and medical staff both verbally and written.
- BLS/CPR certification.
- Familiarity with Meditech EMR is preferred.