Case Management RN – Health System
*** Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position, expected to last several months, or longer! ***
Case Management RN Job Summary:
Case Management RN Background:
- The Case Manager plays an integral part in the coordination of care assessing the patient’s condition and providing them the necessary resources, options, and coordination for a healthy care outcome.
- The primary responsibility of the Nurse Case Manager is to coordinate and monitor the care of hospital patients and develop a nursing plan of care.
- They will participate in interdisciplinary conferences to review clinical assessments, update care plans and determine follow-up frequency.
- The Case Manager also acts as an advocate for patients and their families linking them to other members of the care team to help them gain knowledge of their disease process and to identify community resources for continued growth toward a maximum level of independence.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Prefer candidates with Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Prefer those with Certification in Case Management (CCM).
- Around 1-2 years of experience in case management at an acute care hospital or other health provider setting.
- Ability to assess care needs across populations and plan for care-including transitional care and discharge.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.