Bilingual Registered Nurse (RN) - Medicare PACE Program
** Candidates must be fully bilingual (read & write) in both English and one of the following languages:
Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese (Cantonese) or Chinese (Mandarin). **
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT-TO-HIRE opportunity, expected to convert into a PERMANENT role after an established timeframe! ***
PACE RN Job Summary:
- The Registered Nurse acts as an advocate for members and their families providing basic healthcare and social services and linking them to other members of the care team to help fully utilize community resources for continued growth toward a maximum level of independence.
- The nurse will conduct an initial health assessment, develop a plan of care, and finally advise and authorize appropriate services, all while acting as a clinical resource to member medical cases and their individual service plans.
- Position offers a variable mix of in person and telephonic Case Management at an established local community healthcare and general resource facility.
- There is no "hands-on" care requires, no travel required, and no visits to member homes.
PACE RN Background:
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license is required.
- Roughly 2-4 years acute care clinical nursing experience is required; with at least 1 recent year working with the frail or elderly population.
- Must have strong skills in medical assessment / medical case management planning; knowledge of Managed Care is a plus.
- Knowledge of guidelines for Medicaid/Medicare and related state programs is highly desirable.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, database use, and basic data entry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization as well as with external contacts.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.
- Candidates must be fully bilingual (read & write) in both English and one of the following languages: Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, Cantonese, or Mandarin.