Healthcare Data Coordinator – Managed Care
Monterey Park, CA
** This is a Full Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT opportunity, expected to last 2-3 months or more! **
Data Coordinator Job Summary:
Data Coordinator Background:
- Responsible for all data integrity, monitoring, and day-to-day maintenance of provider database.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure accurate and complete entry of data and resolves issues as they arise.
- Loads contracted providers into the system and maintain provider data.
- Assists in the cleanup of the current provider information, including verifying and correcting demographical errors and adding missing information such as provider specialties.
- Resolves provider database issues such as addresses, specialties, etc. and makes corrections as needed.
- Communicates effectively with other departments.
- Meets established productivity and quality standards with little or no supervision.
- Takes responsibility and ownership for assignments and projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works as liaison to other departments that help in resolving provider issue.
- Handles any escalated issues directed by supervisors from other areas related to provider demographics.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s degree is a plus.
- At least 3 years experience with data support and/or medical records.
- Strongly prefer 1+ years at a Managed Care Organization (Health Plan, IPA/Medical Group, HMO, TPA/MSO, etc).
- Requires basic to intermediary familiarity with Medical terminology (around 1 year direct experience).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge Required
- Previous experience with database management, data reporting, and data transfer preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 40 wpm typing with a high level of accuracy