HEDIS® Medical Record Retrieval Specialist
*** This is a Full Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT opportunity,
HEDIS Chart Retrieval Specialist Job Summary:
expected to last most of the HEDIS season, meaning through May of 2019! ***
HEDIS Chart Retrieval Specialist Background:
- The HEDIS Chart Retrieval Specialist will be responsible for the coordination, on-site data collection, and uploading of HEDIS medical records
- The sole purpose of this position is for HEDIS data collection and related activities
- Planning, organizing and coordinating HEDIS medical record retrieval activities to include, but not limited to:
- Send medical record requests
- Scheduling and coordinating on-site medical record retrieval as needed
- Uploading medical records
- Working with the HEDIS Senior Manager and HEDIS Team Lead to identify and share best practices and opportunities for quality improvement
- Other activities, as assigned, to support the HEDIS program
® “HEDIS is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).”
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer advanced certifications is coding or health information management, such as RHIA, RHIT, CPC, CCS, etc
- At least 2 years’ experience involving medical chart organization, chart review, or abstractions.
- Prefer 1 season of direct HEDIS experience from the last 5 years.
- Requires exceptional customer service skills (in person and telephonic), as well as very strong computer user skills.
- Knowledgeable of the Health Plan Employer Data Information Set (H.E.D.I.S.), as well as standards and reporting requirements for Medicare, Medicaid, and applicable state plans.
- Computer skills to include Electronic Health Records (EHR), Microsoft Word, basic data entry, and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Must have a minimum of 30-40 wpm typing with a high level of accuracy.
- Must be willing and able to travel to area provider offices, as needed.