View all jobs
Patient Service RepresentativeTyler, TX · Administrative
Patient Service Representative - Hospital System
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT-TO-HIRE position expected to convert into a permenant role after roughly 3 months! ***
Patient Service Representative Job Summary:
Patient Service Representative Background:
- Addresses patient inquiries, questions and concerns in all areas including enrollment, claims, benefit interpretation, and referrals/authorizations for medical care.
- Verify member eligibility, claim and authorization status for providers.
- Responsible for thorough follow-up and completion of all patient, and health plan inquires or requests
- Responsible for accurate, complete and correct documentation regarding all issues, and/or inquires, complaints and grievances
- Function efficiently and productively in a high-volume telephone call center.
- Maintain departmental productivity and quality standards.
- Provide follow-up assistance as needed
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Around 1 year customer service experience with at least 6 months experience in an office setting, call center setting, or phone support role.
- Healthcare experience is required, including basic familiarity with medical terminology.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and basic data entry, including the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Must test at a minimum of 35-40 wpm typing with a high level of accuracy.
- Prefer candidates Bilingual in English and Spanish