Case Management Nurse (RN) - Managed Long Term Care
New York, NY (Manhattan)
* Offers Telephonic Case Management from Corporate Offices - No Field/Travel! *
LTSS Case Manager Job Summary:
** This is a Full Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT-TO-HIRE position, expected to last 4-6 months, or longer! **
LTSS Case Manager Background:
- The Case Manager plays an integral part in the coordination of care assessing the member’s condition and providing them the necessary resources, options, and coordination for a healthy care outcome.
- The primary responsibility of the Nurse Case Manager is to coordinate and monitor the care of Health Plan members and develop a nursing plan of care.
- They will participate in interdisciplinary conferences to review clinical assessments, update care plans and determine follow-up frequency.
- The Case Manager also acts as an advocate for members and their families linking them to other members of the care team to help them gain knowledge of their disease process and to identify community resources for continued growth toward a maximum level of independence.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Certification in Case Management (CCM) is preferred.
- 2 years acute care clinical nursing experience.
- Prefer around 1 year conducting UAS (Uniform Assessment System) patient assessments.
- 3-5 years experience with care coordination, utilization review and/or discharge planning.
- At least 1 year of Case Management experience is required in a Health Plan setting.
- Prefer 2-3 years experience working with people with disabilities / vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex conditions, in the managed care environment.
- Experience working with Federal and State assistance programs (Medicare/Medicaid/etc).
- Basic computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.
- Bilingual Highly Preferred: English and Spanish, or Mandarin Chinese, or Cantonese.