Field Health Assessment RN Case Manager - Managed Long Term Care
Geneseo, NY (covering Livingston County, just south of Rochester)
* Offers variable mix of Work-From-Home / Telephonic & Travel / Field Case Management, traveling to member homes & provider facilities *
Health Assessment RN Job Summary:
** Great for nurses who love variety and area travel (mileage reimbursed)!! **
Health Assessment RN Background:
- Responsible for members gaining access to needed services through coordination and integration of medical and long term care services for the purpose of orientation, care plan development, assessment, and care coordination.
- Complete assessments with members, caregivers, or providers to obtain information regarding client status, support system, and need for services for care plan development
- Monitor delivery of services and follow-up with members, caregivers, or providers through in person visits and telephonic contact
- Authorize and coordinate referral for services
- Ensure provider services are delivered without gaps and identify functional deficiencies in plans of care
- Assist in coordinating the development of informal or voluntary services to integrate into the member care plan
- Collaborate with discharge planners, physicians, and other parties to ensure appropriate discharge plan, care plan, and coordination of acute care and long term care services
- Assist member with filing and resolving complaints and appeals
- Direct care to participating network providers
- Participate in care management committees and work on special projects related to care management as needed
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- NY state certified in UAS (Uniform Assessment System) is preferred.
- Requires 3+ years of care coordination / case management experience; preferably including home health, discharge planning, or long term care experience.
- Experience working with Federal and State assistance programs (Medicare/Medicaid/etc) is a plus
- Must have demonstrable experience with prior field/travel assignments.
- Must be comfortable seeing members in their homes, hospice, long term care (LTC) and assisted living facilities.
- Basic computer (MS Word & Excel) and typing skills are necessary.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
- FIELD POSITION: Must be willing and able to travel throughout the assigned area (mileage reimbursed).