Discharge Planner / Case Manager RN, BSN – Hospital
Portland, ME (West End)
*** Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position, expected to last several months, or longer! ***
Case Manager Job Summary:
Case Manager Background:
- The Case Manager plays an integral part in the coordination of care, hospital discharge planning, and providing them the necessary resources, options, and coordination for a healthy care outcome.
- The primary responsibility of the Nurse Case Manager is to coordinate and monitor the care of hospital patients and develop a nursing plan of care utilizing knowledge of insurance coverage, various governmental programs, available community care agencies and long-term care facilities.
- Interacts with patients, families, physicians, and other caregivers through out the continuum
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills to assess patient discharge needs and evaluate applicability of available resources.
- Utilize judgment and initiative to operate independently and autonomously in the assessment, development, and implementation and follow up of discharge plans with minimal guidance from the department manager.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Prefer those with Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and/or Certification in Case Management (CCM).
- Around 4 years of clinical nursing experience at an acute care hospital or other high-acuity setting
- At least 1-2 years of inpatient case management experience and discharge planning in an acute care hospital.
- Experience in dealing with extended care facilities and community healthcare agencies is desired.
- Working knowledge of insurance coverage, various governmental programs, available community care agencies and long-term care facilities is preferred.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.