Project Manager - Managed Care
Project Manager Job Summary:
The Project Manager will work on business functional leaders to design, document, manage, and report on execution of comprehensive project plans in support of MCO operations.
The primary responsibilities of this role include working with stakeholders to understand their business requirements, helping to define and manage scope, ownership of the project definition and documentation tasks, and successful management of multiple concurrent large projects.
The role works closely with the Executive team to project manage, and develop functional improvements for the organization.
- Coordinate all project activities, tasks, and resources to ensure timely completion of milestones, and deliverables.
- Provide support and guidance to the project team/stakeholders as and when needed.
- Develop and implement project management procedures and methodologies to achieve business goals.
- Identify and analyze trends or patterns in data sets. Assists COO with various special projects, reporting, and duties as assigned.
- Attend and lead meetings, provide project status reporting to management.
- Occasionally lead direct or indirect employees for specific projects or objectives.
- Occasionally draft and edit letters, program descriptions and other written materials as needed.
Project Manager Background:
- Demonstrable project management experience utilizing Agile
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to work with users of all skill levels
- 3+ years in a Managed Care or Health Plan environment
- Strong Microsoft Project, Power Point and Excel skills
- BS or BA Degree in Nursing, Healthcare or Public Health
- PMP or equivalent certification strongly preferred