Case Management RN – Health Plan
***CONTRACT-TO-HIRE opportunity with one of the largest Health Systems in Texas! ***
Case Manager Job Summary:
**Full Time, Benefits Available, expected to convert to a Permanent / Direct Hire position after months! **
Case Manager Background:
- The Case Manager plays an integral part in the coordination of care assessing the patient’s condition and providing them the necessary resources, options, and coordination for a healthy care outcome.
- The primary responsibility of the Nurse Case Manager is to coordinate and monitor the transition of care for hospital patients moving into sub-acute care and develop a nursing plan of care.
- They will participate in interdisciplinary conferences to review clinical assessments, update care plans and determine follow-up frequency.
- The Case Manager also acts as an advocate for patients and their families linking them to other members of the care team to help them gain knowledge of their disease process and to identify community resources for continued growth toward a maximum level of independence.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Prefer candidates with Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and/or Certification in Case Management (CCM)
- 3+ years of clinical nursing experience
- 2+ years of experience in Case Management or Utilization Review experience from hospital or health plan setting.
- Prefer nurses with Behavioral Health and/or Transition of Care/Discharge Planning experience; RN with Dual Diagnosis Discharge Planning experience would be ideal background.
- Ability to assess care needs across populations and plan for care-including transitional care and discharge.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.