UAS Assessment RN - Long Term Service & Support (LTSS)
** This is a Full Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT opportunity, expected to last 3-4 months, or longer! **
* Great for nurses who love variety and area travel (mileage reimbursed)!! *
UAS Assessment RN Job Summary:
UAS Assessment RN Background:
- The UAS (Uniform Assessment System) Health Assessment RN is responsive for the initial and routine Health Assessment of members of a long term care program.
- Conduct face to face UAS assessments according to state guidelines, policies, procedures and protocols in member home, hospital, or skilled nursing facility.
- Provide linkage to appropriate community resources, referral to appropriate care services and communicate with providers in order to reduce health disparities and improve health care outcomes.
- Develop plan based on knowledge and expertise in clinical practice and disease states to promote improved health care outcomes and quality of life.
- Support members with medication reviews and connections to home and community based services as needed
- Meet regulatory and agency policy and procedures
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal interpersonal skills in order to handle difficult situations in a professional and courteous manner within the community and the organization
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Case Management Certification (CCM) and/or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- UASNY certified is highly preferred.
- Requires 1-3 years’ experience with Long Term Home Care, such as seeing patients in home care or similar community based case management experience.
- Requires experience in completing the Department of Health nursing assessment tool, the Universal Assessment System (UAS).
- Experience working with Federal and State assistance programs (Medicare/Medicaid/etc) is a plus
- Basic computer (MS Word & Excel) and typing skills are necessary.
- FIELD POSITION: Must be willing and able to travel throughout the assigned area (mileage reimbursed).