CONTRACT-TO-HIRE Medical Lab Technician – Medical Group
San Antonio,TX (Northern Suburb near Airport)
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT-TO-HIRE position expected to last 3-6 months, or longer! ***
Medical Lab Technician Job Summary:
Medical Lab Technician Background:
- Performs medical laboratory tests and procedures of waived Provider Preferred Microscopic Procedures (PPMP) and/or moderate complexity in accordance with applicable guidelines.
- Performs clinical analysis of blood and other body fluids to determine chemical components.
- Mounts, stains, and examines smears under microscope for bacteria.
- Performs hematological testing. Examines smears for parasites or other irregularities in the specimen.
- Performs other blood tests as ordered for patient care.
- Performs quality control checks of instruments, solutions, and test results against established standards. Maintains quality assurance and proficiency testing as required.
- Performs venipuncture and capillary punctures on patients. Identifies and labels specimens.
- Performs routine laboratory procedures such as preparing slides and culturing specimens.
- Prepares reagents, stains, and other chemical solutions.
- Inventories laboratory supplies. Cleans equipment and work areas. Disposes of contaminated materials according to policy.
- Logs patient specimens and enters test results on forms.
- Collects data, prepares reports, answers correspondence, and compiles statistics as directed.
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Certification as a Laboratory Technician or equivalent, per state regulations (ISCLT, NCA).
- 6 months - 1 year experience as a laboratory technician required.
- Must have documentation of training appropriate for the testing performed prior to analysis of any specimens.
- Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work without direct supervision.