Medical Director - Health Plan
Boston, MA (can be based out of Framingham or Springfield offices, if desired)
Medical Director Job Summary:
Medical Director Profile:
- Medical Director is responsible for program development and clinical oversight and to members with complex physical, behavioral health and social needs, focused on the geriatric population.
- Responsible for working with senior leadership to develop, execute, and oversee a comprehensive geriatric program, with focus on engagement with network primary care providers and clinicians
- Responsible for partnering with the Clinical Director to lead the development of clinical practice guidelines, ensure appropriate clinical supervision of advanced practice clinicians, spearhead clinical quality and performance improvement initiatives, clinical risk management, achieve practice-level and individual patient quality outcomes, and support clinical best practice adoption with specific focus on providing appropriate care to geriatric patients and furthering the integration of behavioral health and primary care services.
- The direct patient care component to this role involves providing clinical supervision to home-visiting nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses.
- This includes performing joint home visits with clinicians, engaging with primary care and specialist physicians in care plan development, regular consultation and case review.
- Additionally, the Medical Director will participate in out-of-hours on-call duties as well as being available to telephonically to triage calls and discuss cases with other clinicians on the care team.
- Formal education including a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree. Additional education, such as MPH or MBA is a plus.
- Must hold an active unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state at hire.
- 3 years of supervisory experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Prefer those with experience and interest in serving underserved and disability populations.
- Experience with quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation, health systems strengthening, innovation and training is preferred, along with health plan experience.
- Additional post-fellowship work experience as a geriatrician in low-resource/community health center, PACE or SCO program is desired