Physician Engagement Specialist
- Managed Care
Phoenix (North-Central location)
** Must be able to travel through greater Phoenix Metro Area (50%-75%)! **
Physician Engagement Specialist Job Summary:
*** Great for those who love variety, flexible schedules, and area travel (mileage reimbursed)! ***
Physician Engagement Specialist Background:
- Physician Engagement Specialist is responsible for managing ongoing physician relations and for the implementation of projects that support initiatives of the ACO strategies and goals.
- Engage the network of providers to successfully participate in value-based reimbursement payment models and ongoing responsibility to maintain a strong customer-service focused physician engagement and relations program.
- Responsible for execution of a communication plan to keep physicians and their staff aligned with the clinical and financial goals of the organization.
- The Specialist will work closely with the internal and external key stakeholders, including the physicians, practice staff as well as the Care Coordination and Business Intelligence teams to support the clinical and financial decisions of the leadership team.
- Upon provider contract execution, assist in the transition from Network Development to operations by conducting the on-boarding of providers and connecting the Care Coordination Services.
- In coordination with the Director, ensure routine communication of clinical and financial performance to physicians to ensure alignment of the Physicians to the established goals.
- Responsible for the execution of a physician communication plan and ongoing maintenance of positive relations with the Physicians, their staff, and other internal/external key stakeholders. Collaborate with other internal staff to ensure alignment with the providers.
- Requires 4-year degree in Business or Healthcare related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 2+ years healthcare experience leading and growing physician organizations and/or managed care payer experience, including business development, physician relations, contracting, and the direct management of risk based and/or global capitation care delivery with proven growth experience preferred.
- Proven personal interaction and relationship development with physicians required, preferably key opinion leader development.
- Knowledge of overall healthcare and reimbursement trends are a key component to success in this position. Knowledge of value-based terminology (i.e. Shared Savings, Capitation, Bundled Payments, MACRA, IBNR, etc.).
- Proven experience in developing and implementing operating plans.
- Proven communication skills, including listening and presentation.
- Ability to lead change and achieve support for change; builds consensus.
- Proven success as a team player who can build collaborative relationships across the organization
- Proven knowledge of how to get things done in a complex organization with the ability to handle complex, ambiguous, and changing environments.
- Basic MS Office skills