Patient Financial Services Representative – Hospital Business Office
South Tucson, AZ (near the Airport)
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position expected to last several months, or longer! ***
Patient Financial Services Rep Job Summary:
Patient Financial Services Rep Background:
- The Patient Financial Services Representative coordinates and facilitates patient billing and collection activities in one or more assigned areas of billing, payment posting, collections, payer claims research, and other accounts receivable work.
- Works as a member of a team to ensure reimbursement for services in a timely and accurate manner.
- They are responsible for performing patient support services that help ensure medical facilities run smoothly and all documentation is accurate and complete.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of all documentation, both physical and electronic records.
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- At least 2 years’ healthcare support experience, preferably in a Hospital Central Business Office, or other provider office setting.
- Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services, or insurance industry processes.
- Requires exceptional customer service skills as well as strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems is highly desirable.
- Computer skills to include Electronic Health Records (EHR), Microsoft Word, basic data entry, and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speakers are a plus.