Credentialing Specialist - Health Plan
Saint Paul, MN (south suburb, near airport)
** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT opportunity, expected to last 6 months, or longer! **
Credentialing Specialist Job Summary:
Credentialing Specialist Background:
- Provide credentialing support to the credentialing manager.
- Maintain a sound working knowledge of credentialing trends and changes.
- Provide consultation to the medical staff regarding credentialing matters.
- Ensure all processes are in compliance with state statutes and regulatory agencies as demonstrated by observation.
- Complete physician applications for the state medical licenses and hospital privileges.
- Work closely with the state licensing boards and hospital medical staff offices.
- Help keep physician credentials up to date, administer tracking, and reminder system.
- Filing, data entry, and database maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining and securing confidential and time sensitive material.
- Ability to follow through on all projects
- Strong communication skills across various internal departments
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED.
- At least 1-3 years healthcare credentialing experience is required.
- Strongly prefer prior healthcare database experience and experience working in hospital administration.
- Basic familiarity with healthcare / medical industry is required.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and basic data entry, including the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.