Medical Assistant – PACE Clinic
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position expected to last 5-6 months ***
Medical Assistant Job Summary:
Medical Assistant Background:
- Provides front and/or back office support.
- Greets patients in a friendly, service oriented manner in compliance with established protocols and workflows.
- Oversees patient check in by:
- ensuring medical records/charts have been pulled
- patient data is current
- appropriate paperwork is in order
- charts are reviewed/prepared
- Interviews patient, measures vital signs and records reason for visit.
- Carries out medical provider’s orders by performing requested tests such as:
- glucometer test
- urine dip test
- TB test & readings
- audio testing
- setup and assist with minor surgeries
- pelvic exam setup and assistance
- phlebotomy draw
- ear lavage
- Explains procedures, performs treatments, and administers prescribed medication.
- Oversees patient check out by scheduling follow up appointments, collecting co-payment if applicable, ensuring paperwork is complete.
- Schedules and confirms patient's appointments, conduct failed/broken appointment follow-up calls.
- Assists with ensuring the maintenance of all logs for the clinic.
- Documents pertinent patient information, procedures, medications and injections administered, as well as patient responses, and report findings to the medical provider.
- Does not make independent medical or healthcare decisions.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; and completion of Medical Assistant training program.
- Requires current and unrestricted Certified Medical Assistant (C.M.A.) or Registered Medical Assistant (R.M.A.) certification.
- At least 3-5 years’ direct Medical Assistant experience, with at least 1 year working with the frail or elderly population.
- Requires exceptional customer service skills (in person and telephonic), as well as very strong computer user skills.
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems, Managed Care Organizations (Health Plan, IPA/Medical Group, HMO, TPA/MSO, etc) as well as Medicaid/Medicare and related state programs is highly desirable.
- Computer skills to include Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Microsoft Word, basic data entry, and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Must have a minimum of 40 wpm typing with a high level of accuracy.
- Prefer Candidates Bilingual in English and one more: Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, or Farsi.