Behavioral Health Case Manager (LCSW/LMSW or CASAC) – Managed Care
Steuben County, NY
** Offers variable mix of Work-From-Home and Field Case Management - must be willing and able to travel throughout assigned county! **
Social Worker Job Summary:
Social Worker Background:
- Provides care management services to specific population eligible for Health Home services. Provides information, referrals, consultation and/or care management on health and psychosocial issues.
- This position works with substantial independence in the field, with consultation available from Clinical Team Lead and/or Supervisor, as needed.
- Receives referrals of members for Health Home services from internal and external sources.
- Contacts referral within appropriate timeframe, addresses any urgent /emergent issues and schedules an appointment for a face to face intake, within required time frame.
- Develops therapeutic relationship with member utilizing person centered interventions based on the member’s level of activation and presenting conditions
- Coordinates services through communication with all identified health and community providers/agencies connected to the member
- Develops a Person Centered Plan of Care with the member and involved providers.
- Disseminates this information to all individuals who are involved in members’ care, as approved by member.
- Interviews referrals and their families to collect data, disseminate pre-approved health education information, and administer satisfaction surveys and related evaluative inventories
- Determines need and makes recommendations for continuation of or change in services
- Maintains, at minimum, monthly telephonic contact with the member and an in-person visit at minimum once every three months.
- Seeks out consultation/information for complex medical, behavioral health or psycho-social, as needed.
- Completes, reviews and updates of assessments, as mandated by regulations
- Maintains documentation that is thorough, clearly written and reflective of members’ plan of care activities.
- Participates as a member of multi-disciplinary Care Coordination team.
- Presents in a professional and articulate manner that supports the development of a therapeutic relationship with the member and community providers.
- Collaborate with other members of team related to member needs, barriers to care and outcome enhancement strategies.
- Provide feedback to providers regarding the progress made and barriers encountered by their patients.
- Ability to manage conflict to support a positive outcome.
- Demonstrates listening skills to support member engagement and development of a person centered plan of care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a community outreach or equivalent position
- A combination of training and education that meets the above knowledge and skill level OR Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a community outreach or equivalent position
- Demonstrates ability to respect individual/family diversity and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
- Knowledge of and ability to work collaboratively with providers and county/community health and human services.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and to be able to manage time appropriately
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer literate. Must be able to pass computer documentation competency testing for all software platforms used within the program. This must occur within 3months of initial training and/or 6 months of hire, whichever comes first.
- Candidates will need a NYS driver’s license and to own or have access to reliable transportation that enables them to fulfill travel requirements of the job including but not limited to, daily visits to members’ homes.
- Bilingual Candidate Preferred