Bilingual Medical Receptionist - Managed Care
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position expected to last 3-4 months or longer ***
Medical Receptionist Job Summary:
- Answer incoming calls in a timely manner, avoiding “dropped calls” due to excessive wait time and follow established procedures on how to handle type of incoming call.
- Accurately transfer incoming calls to the requested party or department in a timely fashion.
- Greet visitors in a warm, professional manner, and make contact with the party the visitor wishes to meet.
- Ensure that each visitor enters his or her name, his or her company name, and the name of the person he or she wishes to visit into the visitor log.
- Prepare a disposable badge for each visitor to wear while on premises.
- Receive incoming requisitions/packages/letters and follow established procedures to ensure delivery to appropriate staff.
- Run daily and prepare monthly call reception reports
- Process all member urgent ID card requests.
- Draft and update reception desk procedures and processes.
- Report phone and other reception desk equipment issues to appropriate staff.
- Other projects & duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Medicare, MediCal, and HMO Programs
- Reception Desk Experience
- 1-2 years Call Center/Customer Service Experience
- Requires Candidates Bilingual in English and one more: Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, or Farsi