Pediatric Discharge Planner / Case Manager RN– Hospital
*** Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position, expected to last several months, or longer! ***
Pediatric Discharge Planner Job Summary:
Pediatric Discharge Planner Background:
- The Pediatric Discharge Planner / Case Manager plays an integral part in the coordination of care, hospital discharge planning, and utilizing a thorough understanding of available home care services and products, eligibility requirements, and resources available through health system and in the community
- The primary responsibility is to act as a discharge planning resource to case management staff involved in home care planning, and facilitate continuity of care for the patient transitioning to home based services.
- They will participate in interdisciplinary conferences to review clinical assessments, update care plans and determine follow-up frequency.
- The Pediatric Discharge Planner also acts as an advocate for patients and their families linking them to other members of the care team to help them gain knowledge of their disease process and to identify community resources for continued growth toward a maximum level of independence.
- The focus of this role is the pediatric population, including infants, children, and teens.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Prefer those with Certification in Case Management (CCM).
- Around 2-3 years of clinical nursing experience at an acute care hospital or other high-acuity setting
- At least 2 years of either pediatric home care experience or 2 years of hospital-to-home care discharge planning experience
- Ability to assess care needs across populations and plan for care-including transitional care and discharge planning.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.