View all jobs
RN Case Management TrainerWatertown, MA · Healthcare
RN Case Management Educator / Trainer – Health Plan
Boston, MA (Watertown)
Case Management Trainer Job Summary:
Case Management Trainer Background:
- Development and oversight of all internal educational programs, including ascertaining CEU and CCM credits to ensure care management team is knowledgeable in all current CM practice guidelines
- Maintains educational calendar and works with staff preceptors
- Supports accurate documentation and process improvement opportunities
- Acts as resource to all department staff at all levels
- Gather, document and maintain department policies, processes, workflows, and job aids.
- Responsible to keep database current and accurate for staff and provide education regarding updates and changes.
- Develop key program metrics and capabilities to present to internal and external stakeholders
- Identification and documentation of program scope, timelines, goals, operational and outcome success measures
- Ensures NCQA compliance through tracking mechanisms for audits
- Produces and delivers presentations to internal and external customers
- Develop end to end program content, tools, and resources as determined by department needs. This includes maintaining specific required format for IS team to build in clinical system platform.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) or related field is preferred.
- Certified in Case Management (CCM/ACM) preferred
- Roughly 3-5 years’ clinical experience, including Managed Care Health Plans.
- Prefer around 2-3 years’ experience in Case Management and/or discharge planning / transitional care, ideally for a Managed Care Organization (Health Plan, IPA, HMO, TPA, etc).
- Requires 5-7 years of experience training healthcare staff in any capacity, including developing and presenting materials for training RNs.
- Familiar with Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid plans is a plus.
- Strong computer proficiency (MS Office) and presentation skills are necessary.
- Able to transform assignments from high-level objectives into independently established detailed goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as exceptional critical thinking skills.