Surgical Tech, Operating Room – Hospital System
New Haven, CT
* Multiple Openings and Shifts - Days, Nights, Swing! *
Surgical / OR Tech Job Summary:
*** Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position, expected to last 3 months, or longer! ***
Surgical / OR Tech Background:
- The OR Tech will assist the surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up for operations and passing items to doctors and nurses as needed.
- The OR Tech will utilize experience in all aspects of aseptic technique: setting up the required equipment and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases, pulling cases as needed, and breaking down cases at the end of the procedure.
- The tech applies knowledge regarding instrumentation, equipment and supply needs for all types of surgical procedures.
- The OR/Surgical Technician should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Assist with moving and positioning of patient.
- Clean and bandage wounds.
- Confirm procedure with patient.
- Maintain supplies and medical equipment.
- Meets technical skills as outlined in checklist.
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- At least 1 year of recent full-time experience performing surgical or operating room technician duties.
- Strongly prefer those holding credentials such as: Certification as a Surgical Technologist, Certification as a Tech-in-Surgery (TS-C).
- Will consider those with completion of a formal training program for surgical technicians, surgical technologists or operating room technicians.
- Experience with all types of surgical equipment and procedures.
- Requires knowledge of surgical instrumentation, patient related devices, materials and equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques.
- Displays excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate, basic user