Medical Collections Specialist - Hospital System
Los Angeles, CA (near Beverly Hills / Brentwood)
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position expected to last 5 months, or longer! ***
Medical Collections Specialist Job Summary:
Medical Collections Specialist Background:
- Complete claim forms, submit bills and claims, perform quality control procedures on all claims and bills to ensure accurate billing
- Research and obtain incomplete or additional information for billing requirements
- Provide prompt customer service to clients, providers, billing departments and other insurance companies regarding claims
- Audit client files to make sure all documentation meets contract requirements and reconcile as needed
- Meet quality and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals as defined
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Requires around 2 years of hospital collection experience, commercial contract experience would also be a fit.
- Prefers knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services, or insurance industry processes.
- Requires exceptional customer service skills as well as strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems is highly desirable.
- Computer skills to include Electronic Health Records (EHR), Microsoft Word, basic data entry, and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications; EPIC experience preferred.