Medical Record Clerk
** This is a Full Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT opportunity, expected to last 6 weeks, perhpas longer! **
Medical Record Clerk Job Summary:
Medical Record Clerk Background:
- The Medical Record Clerk plays an integral part in the maintenance of accurate databases and reports in order to monitor network compliance with federal and state requirements.
- The Clerk will function as a form of liaison between the health plan and the contracted provider organization.
- The Clerk will be responsible for providing data entry and data management support within the health plan, as it relates to the contracted provider network and federal and state requirements.
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s degree is a plus.
- At least 1 year experience in a medical office or other healthcare support role with heavy Medical Record use.
- Requires basic to intermediary familiarity with Medical terminology (1-3 years direct experience).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with demonstrable skills in Access and Excel, and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Previous experience with database management, data reporting, and data analysis preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 30 wpm typing with a high level of accuracy.