Field Physician (MD or DO)
Mentor, OH (Travel in Area)
** Primarily member's home-based, but may require occasional travel to area ALFs and SNFs (mileage reimbursed). **
Medical Doctor Job Summary:
Medical Doctor Background:
- Takes Hx, perform examination, determine Dx, and treats scheduled patients
- Provides written documentation of patient's visit, per NCQA standards
- Performs phlebotomy (venipuncture only), as necessary, if Medical Assistant is unable to complete draw. Performs injections and/or immunizations. May perform ECG, Holter and/or Pulse Oximetry occasionally.
- Provides education to patients/caregivers on medication and treatment regimens
- Performs minor surgeries as necessary (limited to I&D, removal of foreign body, suture removal, minor lacerations, minor aspirations, etc.)
- Directs the work of Patient Care Coordinators to assure orders and referrals are properly/timely placed
- Communicates with patients, caregivers, agency nurses, other providers and vendors to assure proper Dx and Tx
- Attends required meetings and in-services and participates in committees, as requested
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional licenses and affiliations
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) degree.
- Must hold an active unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state at hire.
- Must be authorized to prescribe controlled substances, meaning a valid DEA certificate.
- Must be willing and able to travel to area ALFs, SNFs, and member homes.