RN Discharge Planner – Rehabilitation Facility
Los Angeles, CA (Century City)
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT-TO-HIRE opportunity, expected to convert into a PERMANENT role after an established time-frame! ***
RN Discharge Case Manager Job Summary:
RN Discharge Case Manager Background:
- The Case Manager plays an integral part in the coordination of care, hospital discharge planning, and providing them the necessary resources, options, and coordination for a healthy care outcome.
- The primary responsibility of the Discharge Case Manager is to coordinate and monitor the care of hospital patients and develop a nursing plan of care as they return to home.
- They will participate in interdisciplinary conferences to review clinical assessments, update care plans and determine follow-up frequency.
- The Case Manager also acts as an advocate for patients and their families linking them to other members of the care team to help them gain knowledge of their disease process and to identify community resources for continued growth toward a maximum level of independence.
- Requires a valid, unrestricted state as a Registered Nurse (R.N.)
- Require Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Certification in Case Management (CCM) is a plus.
- Around 3-4 years of clinical nursing experience at an acute care hospital or rehabilitation facility.
- At least 2 years of experience in discharge planning.
- Ability to assess care needs across populations and plan for care-including transitional care and discharge planning.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.