Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Certified Nursing Assistant Job Summary:
*** Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position, expected to last 3 months, or longer! ***
Certified Nursing Assistant Background:
- Provide resident care as specified on an individualized resident care plan, according with established policies, procedures, and current federal, state guidelines and regulations.
- Transfers, turns, or assists a resident to or from beds, wheelchairs, mechanical lifts, toilets, showers, and occasionally, the floor. Pushes and pulls in varying degrees depending on residents weights.
- Assists the resident with ambulation utilizing mobility to move about in tight spaces, and between objects, equipment, and furniture.
- Performs simple manipulative tasks using resident care equipment as well as items such as safety pins, buttons, snaps, etc.
- Able to maintain mobility as required by constant walking and standing, frequent reaching or bending; kneeling and squatting may also be required.
- Effectively deals with stress created by ill residents, multiple tasks, noises, and/or interruptions. Cooperatively works as part of the health care team while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
- Completes accident or injury incident reports as indicated.
- Assists the Unit Nurse and other health care team in identifying routine and job related functions to ensure that the risks in which is potential exposure to blood/body fluid are property identified and reported.
- Assists in the admission and discharge process of residents as required.
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Requires current and unrestricted Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) certification.
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
- Around 6 months - 1 year of direct long term care experience.
- Current CPR certification for the Health Care Professional.
- Requires exceptional customer service skills (in person and telephonic), as well as good computer user skills.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish or English/French) speakers are preferred.