Hospice RN - Palliative Care
Clearwater, FL (Greater Tampa-St Pete Area)
*** Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position, expected to last 3 months, or longer! ***
Hospice RN Job Summary:
Hospice RN Background:
- Collaborate with physicians and other professionals to plan care
- Make frequent visits to the patient to evaluate their condition
- Provide support and comfort according to individual patient’s needs
- Work with caregivers to plan and execute excellent patient care
- Help in administering medication
- Alleviate sudden symptoms of the disease’s end phase
- Notify a doctor for a patient’s condition when deemed necessary
- Assist patients and their families with paperwork
- Maintain accurate records
- Help relatives cope with the upcoming loss and provide postmortem support
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Prefer candidates with Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Must demonstrate an ability to practice independently in the delivery of nursing care.
- Requires 3-5 years’ clinical experience in hospice.
- Around 1 year of experience in home visits preferred.
- Basic computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.
- Field Position: Must be willing and able to travel in area to see patients in their homes and established facilities.