Payroll Specialist – Health Plan
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT assignment, expected to last around 5-6 months, or longer! ***
Payroll Specialist Job Summary:
Payroll Specialist Background:
- Responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager in all aspects of the timely and accurate processing of bi-weekly, multi-state payroll and year-end payroll related issues.
- Act as a liaison between the Human Resources and Accounting departments for payroll related issues, generating the required ad-hoc, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Maintain familiarity with state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to payroll, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Assist with the payroll audit for each pay period.
- Review in detail all employee changes and transactions before payroll is transmitted.
- Audit employee time records in the Dayforce time and attendance system, which includes exception time to ensure employees are accurately compensated for the hours they worked.
- Process wage garnishment orders, stop payments, and direct deposit reversals.
- Distribute paychecks to employees.
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Assist in reconciliation and distribution of employee W-2’s.
- Research inquiries from the Accounting department for payroll-related issues.
- Answer employee questions related to payroll matters and resolve discrepancies.
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires 3-5 years’ experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to payroll.
- Established experience with database management system.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, over the phone and in writing.
- Able to work independently and multitask, handling multiple projects and prioritizing workflows.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and basic data entry, including the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Requires basic knowledge of payroll software such as Ceridian/Dayforce.