Health Assessment Nurse Practitioner - Managed Care
Orange County, CA
* Requires travel to member homes (mileage reimbursed) throughout the Orange County area! *
Nurse Practitioner Job Summary:
Nurse Practitioner Background:
- The Nurse Practitioner (NP) functions as an independent healthcare provider with an advanced degree of knowledge, skill, and expertise in history taking, physical exams, health assessments, and promoting healthy outcomes of members.
- This is a travel assignment working from a home-based office and meeting with members, primarily in their homes.
- The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will conduct the initial health assessment of new and existing members, document their findings, and transfer the completed medical assessment to a care management team that will design and implement a care plan for each member.
- The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will strictly be responsible for the initial health assessment of members, not the long term treatment or care management of members.
- Valid, unrestricted state Nurse Practitioner (N.P.) certification and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (A.P.R.N.) license.
- Requires Board Certified through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Requires current and valid CPR certification.
- Requires 1-2 year experience with geriatric population as an RN or NP.
- Intermediate computer literacy, including electronic medical record documentation, is required.
- Prefer candidates certified to work with the adult population age group, or experienced at home care / home visits.
- Valid State Driver's license and vehicle for travel.
- Must be willing and able to travel in area (mileage reimbursed).