RN Director of Case Management - Health System
Redwood Valley, CA (covering 2 different hospitals 15 minutes away)
$$$ Generous Travel Package available to attract top-talent from around the Nation! $$$
Director of Case Management Job Summary:
- The Director of Case Management will direct the case management program, including the functions of case management, utilization management, resource management, discharge planning and care coordination for the facility.
- The Director is responsible for coordinating the systems necessary for safe and appropriate discharge as well as utilization management practices that meet corporate, division, facility and regulatory guidelines.
- The Director assesses and evaluates the care/services provided, staffing levels, competency and educational needs of the case management staff and effectively coordinates and controls resources.
- The Director provides consultation and education to facility leadership, clinical and financial personnel, the Board of Trustees, and medical staff members related to case management practices.
- The Director assists with the annual review of the Case Management/Utilization Management Plan of the hospital.
- The Director will identify and implement processes that support and promote efficient patient throughput across the Healthcare Continuum resulting in optimal clinical outcomes, appropriate utilization of resources and appropriate and accurate reimbursement.
Director of Case Management Background:
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license
- Requires Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.); Master’s degree preferred.
- Requires National Certification in Case Management (ACM or CCM) within 1 year of employment.
- At least 3-5 years clinical nursing experience at an acute care hospital.
- Around 4-5 years Case Management or Utilization Review experience.
- At least 2-3 years managerial experience and leadership of a Case Management staff within a hospital environment.
- Ability to analyze and integrate information and make sound decisions based upon established guidelines.
- Resourcefulness as demonstrated by the effective application of professional knowledge to new situations. Possess planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in training / teaching staffs to meet operational requirements and goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.