Medical Director (MD or DO) - Health Plan
Chandler, AZ (Phoenix East Valley)
*** Part-Time Need: 20-30 hours per week! ***
Medical Director Job Summary:
** Can Start Remotely due to COVID-19 **
Medical Director Background:
- The Medical Director is responsible for providing clinical expertise and business direction in support of medical management programs to promote the delivery of high quality, constituent responsive medical care.
- The Medical Director is a critical medical and business leader and contact for external providers, plan sponsors, and regulatory agencies and participates in the strategic medical management.
- They provide medical leadership to ensure excellent quality of care and service is provided to our members and clients that are efficient and cost effective.
- Formal education including a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) degree.
- Must hold an active unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state.
- Strongly prefer those authorized to prescribe controlled substances / valid DEA certificate.
- Requires candidates be Board Certified (or eligible) in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Candidates must have strong working experience in Infectious Disease and/or HIV/AIDS.
- At least 5-7 years clinical experience practicing medicine, with at least 2 years in an administrative capacity.
- Around 2-3 years’ experience working for a Payer Organization (Health Plan/IPA/HMO/TPA/etc).
- Substantial knowledge of mental health and chemical dependency services and practices, including a broad band of treatment techniques, procedures, and discharge planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and strong critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills are needed.
- Ability to implement complex programs and to monitor implementation and modifications.