View All Opportunities
Interim Director of NursingAlton, IL · Healthcare
RN Director of Nursing (DON) – Skilled Nursing Facility
Director of Nursing Job Summary:
Director of Nursing Background:
- Responsible for implementation and compliance oversight of nursing policy and procedure, job standards and clinical competency.
- Works with nurse managers and supervisors to insure consistent application of policies and procedures.
- This position will provide expert advice to on-site operations staff on all elements related to nurse practices and procedures.
- Will have frequent communication with internal clinical departments, nurse managers, and site managers and administrators seeking expert advice on clinical issues involving nursing.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license and BSN; Master’s degree in healthcare related field preferred.
- Requires 3 years of nursing supervisory experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility as a Director of Nursing or ADON.
- Around 5 years of experience with skilled nursing facility operations and regulations.
- At least 1 year of experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, fostering teamwork across departments for a holistic service approach.
- Experience with operations, staffing, budgeting, marketing, community outreach and information management.