RN Case Manager - Hospice
Anaheim, CA (Orange County)
* Must be able to travel through assigned area as well as attend occasional meetings in the local office. *
Hospice RN Case Manager Job Summary:
** Start and stop from home most days - Great for nurses who love variety and area travel (mileage reimbursed)!! **
Hospice RN Case Manager Background:
- The RN Case Manager plays an integral part in providing and coordinating care, including assessing the patient's condition and providing them the necessary resources, options, and coordination for a healthy care outcome.
- The Nurse also acts as an advocate for patients and their families linking them to other members of the care team to help them gain knowledge of their disease process and to identify community resources for continued growth toward a maximum level of independence.
- The Nurse works specifically with the home health / home care population, generally conducted in-person and on-site at member homes.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Prefer candidates with Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and/or Certification in Case Management (CCM).
- Must demonstrate an ability to practice independently in the delivery of nursing care
- Requires 3-5 years’ clinical experience in hospice.
- Around 1 year of experience in home visits preferred.
- Basic computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.
- Field Position: Must be willing and able to travel in area to see patients in their homes.