Float Bilingual RN - Medicare PACE Clinics
San Diego, CA (South side)
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT-TO-HIRE position expected to convert to a Permanent / Direct Hire positions after an established time-frame! ***
** Requires bilingual in English & Spanish! **
* Must be willing and able to float between PACE Clinics, if needed! *
PACE RN Job Summary:
PACE RN Background:
- The nurse will use effective communication, coordination of services, resource management, education, patient advocacy and related interventions to Promote improved quality of care and/or life, Promote cost effective medical outcomes, Prevent hospitalizations when possible and appropriate, Assure patients receive appropriate treatments and medications, Be the liaison to the patient’s personal physician for any medical concerns.
- Monitors and assess patients in the PACE day center and report any variances to normal to the RN Supervisor for further assessment.
- Assists in meal program count, ensuring that appropriate diets are served to participants.
- Establish and maintain a system for a medication distribution process, patient treatment, medication inventory, biohazard receipt records, and entering information in database.
- Generate medication/treatment reports as requested by manager or administrative staff.
- Responsible for coordination, administration and monitoring of patient treatments
- Provide training in self-administration of medication to patients.
- Counts, packages, pre-packages, and labels medication for inspection by pharmacist and fills routine orders for non-prescription pharmaceuticals.
- Inputs patient and prescription data into the pharmacy computer system to process prescriptions and maintain patient profiles.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and written documentation, as required by the department, company, state and federal agencies.
- Provide one on one and/or telephone communication to address any issues and provide support to patient and their caregivers in regards to patient treatment and adherence.
- Provide assistance in obtaining outside medical services.
- Maintain open communication with medical providers, pharmacist, and caregivers.
- Maintain compliance to and recommend updates to established policies and procedures as needed. Remind all staff of and ensure compliance to all objectives of the Quality Assurance Program as well as safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Maintain working knowledge of all regulations and standards to ensure compliance with orders or directives issued by duly constituted government or regulatory agencies.
- Support company and departmental QA/QI initiatives.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license is required.
- BLS required at time of hire, ACLS required within 90 days.
- Roughly 2-4 years acute care clinical nursing experience is required; with at least 1 recent year working with the frail or elderly population.
- Knowledge of guidelines for Medicare and related state programs is highly desirable.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, database use, and basic data entry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization as well as with external contacts.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.
- Candidates must be fully bilingual (read & write) in both English and Spanish.