HEDIS® Support Specialist - Health Plan
*** Full Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT opportunity, expected to last through May or June of 2021! ***
HEDIS Support Specialist Job Summary:
HEDIS Support Specialist Background:
- The primary responsibility of the HEDIS Medical Record Specialist is to provide administrative, clerical, and scheduling support to HEDIS Abstractors conducting the Chart Review and Chart Abstraction portion of the HEDIS (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set) Audit.
- The Specialist is responsible for providing basic administrative and telephonic support for the Quality department in order to meet deadlines associated within the project.
- The Specialist will work under the direction of the Team Lead to assist with requests for information by contacting provider practices.
- They will coordinate with provider offices to verify information, transfer documents, schedule onsite visits if needed, and other administrative functions.
- A high degree of telephonic professionalism and team effort is expected to be maintained throughout the duration of the project.
® “HEDIS is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).”
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- At least 1-3 years experience in a call center or managing medical records in an administrative / support capacity.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, customer service, and/or a call center procedures is required.
- Prior experience with HEDIS projects or other healthcare quality initiatives is highly desirable.
- Strong computer literacy (MS Excel) and typing skills (30-40 WPM) are necessary.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally on the telephone with provider offices.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.