Circulating Cardiovascular Sonographer - Hospital System
Marietta, OH/Parkersville, WV area
Full Time with Benefits
*GENEROUS RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE*
- Provides a professional impression of imaging and diagnostics in accordance with education, training and certification.
- Maintains adequate stock of supplies, checks inventory regularly.
- Assists with the rotation of diagnostic imaging students (Radiology, Ultrasound, etc.) in the Cardiovascular Lab.
- Attendance at monthly department meetings and at each of the Cardiovascular QA meetings for the Cardio (Echo) Lab and the Vascular Lab.
- Enters orders correctly.
- Able to learn multiple computer systems (Meditech, Chartmaxx, iSite, Medstreaming, and Xcelera) and use them appropriately.
- Utilizes proper technique for intravenous line insertion, administers Definity and intravenous line discontinuation according to the facility protocol.
- Maintains compliance in RQI.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Graduate from an accredited cardiovascular ultrasound program.
- Certified with the RDCS (Cardio (Echo) Lab) or RVT (Vascular Lab) certification within two years of employment but must sit for at least one part of the exam within the first year. An additional year will be provided to obtain both certifications
Both certifications will have to be obtained to work in the Cardiovascular Lab
- BLS certification required.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in the diagnostic imaging area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service starting with effective listening.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment