Care Management Coordinator - Health Plan
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT opportunity, expected to last 6 months, or longer! ***
Care Management Coordinator Job Summary:
** Can start remotely due to COVID-19 **
Care Management Coordinator Background:
- Coordinates follow-up care plan needs for members by scheduling needed appointments or enrolling member in related programs.
- Assesses member compliance with medical treatment plans via telephone or through on-site visits.
- Identifies barriers to compliance with plans and coordinates resolution to ensure that members receive appropriate level of care in a timely manner.
- Researches data to identify opportunities to impact quality goals and makes appropriate process change recommendations.
- Makes recommendations to adjust or modify treatment plan and determines need for additional services, in conjunction with case management and provider.
- Coordinates identification of and referral to local, state or federally funded programs.
- Coaches members on ways to reduce health risks.
- Prepares reports to document case and compliance updates; establishes and maintains relationships with agencies identified in appropriate contract.
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED.
- BS/BA or additional college education in related field preferred.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Registered Certified Medical Assistant (MA) preferred.
- 3-5 years care coordination experience with around 2 years experience in a home health or provider setting.
- Requires prior front office, scheduling, case management and multi-tasking experience.
- Proficiency in case management tools and Microsoft Office (i.e.- Excel, Word and Outlook) are necessary.
- Must test at a minimum of 35 - 40 wpm typing with a high level of accuracy.
- Basic computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.