Triage RN - Virtual Care Center
*** Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position, expected to last around 4 months, or longer! ***
Triage RN Job Summary:
*** Must be licensed as an RN in Delaware! ***
Triage RN Background:
- Performs telephone triage to assess caller's needs.
- Provides relevant health information to assist callers in making healthcare decisions.
- Establishes and maintains supportive relationships with callers and their families.
- Performs professional assessment of caller's needs with accurate, concise documentation.
- Conducts thorough symptom assessment of caller's situation using established criteria and protocol.
- Utilizes established software, written materials, on-line resources and nursing background to provide callers with appropriate medical information.
- Provides caller with appropriate community resources as necessary.
- Refers more complex issues as needed for consultation.
- Requires valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurses (R.N.) license.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), or related field, is preferred.
- Certification in Case Management (CCM) is a plus.
- Roughly 2-3 years acute care clinical nursing experience, ER, ICU or other high-acuity settings preferred
- Prefer around 1-3 years’ experience in a Managed Care Organization (Health Plan/HMO/MSO/TPA/IPA/etc).
- Telephonic Triage Nursing experience, or any clinical call center experience preferred.
- Around 1-3 years’ experience with case management or care coordination or discharge planning; inpatient settings preferred.
- Experience working with Federal and State assistance programs (Medicare/Medicaid/etc) is a plus
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.