View All Opportunities
Bilingual Medical AssistantLawndale, CA · Administrative
Bilingual CONTRACT Medical Assistant
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position expected to last 3 months. ***
Medical Assistant Job Summary:
Medical Assistant Background:
- Responsible for assisting clinicians in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician.
- Provides front and/or back office support.
- Greets patients in a friendly, service oriented manner in compliance with established protocols and workflows.
- Oversees patient check in by:
- ensuring medical records/charts have been pulled
- patient data is current
- appropriate paperwork is in order
- charts are reviewed/prepared
- Interviews patient, measures vital signs and records reason for visit.
- Explains procedures, performs treatments, and administers prescribed medication.
- Oversees patient check out by scheduling follow up appointments, collecting co-payment if applicable, ensuring paperwork is complete.
- Schedules and confirms patient's appointments.
- Reconciles co-payments at the end of each day.
- Perform injections to standard and with exceptional customer service skills
- As needed, engage in HEDIS outreach (medical record preparation and outbound scheduling calls)
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Requires current and unrestricted Certified Medical Assistant (C.M.A.) or Registered Medical Assistant (R.M.A.) certification.
- At least 2- 4 years of direct Medical Assistant experience, preferably in a family clinic, urgent care, or other provider office setting.
- Requires exceptional customer service skills (in person and telephonic), as well as very strong computer user skills.
- Computer skills to include Electronic Health Records (EHR), Microsoft Word, and basic data entry.
- Must have a minimum of 40 wpm typing with a high level of accuracy.
- Knowledge of HEDIS is highly desirable.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) speakers are preferred.