Field Nurse Case Manager (RN or LVN) - Managed Care
Orange County, CA
* Offers variable mix of telephonic & field Case Management, traveling to member homes & provider facilities *
Case Manager Job Summary:
*** Great for nurses who love variety and area travel (mileage reimbursed)!! ***
Case Manager Background:
- The Case Manager plays an integral part in the coordination of care assessing the member’s condition and providing them the necessary resources, options, and coordination for a healthy care outcome.
- The primary responsibility of the Nurse Case Manager is to conduct health assessments, and then coordinate and monitor the care of Health Plan members and develop a nursing plan of care.
- They will participate in interdisciplinary conferences to review clinical assessments, update care plans and determine follow-up frequency.
- The Case Manager also acts as an advocate for members and their families linking them to other members of the care team to help them gain knowledge of their disease process and to identify community resources for continued growth toward a maximum level of independence.
- The focus of this position is to identify vulnerable populations and special needs members through the completion of health screens and other resources.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (L.V.N.) is required.
- Certification in Case Management (CCM) is preferred.
- 2 years acute care clinical nursing experience.
- Roughly 1-2 years’ prior experience working in a field Case Management role.
Prefer around 1-3 years prior experience at a Managed Care Organization is preferred (Health Plan, IPA, MSO, TPA, etc).
- Experience working with Federal and State assistance programs (Medicare/Medicaid/etc).
- Basic computer literacy (MS Office) and typing skills are necessary.
- Must be comfortable seeing members in their homes, hospice, long term care (LTC) and assisted living facilities
- FIELD POSITION: Must be willing and able to travel throughout the assigned area (mileage reimbursed).