Bilingual RN - Hospital System
San Diego, CA (South side)
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT-TO-HIRE position expected to convert to a Permanent / Direct Hire positions after an established time-frame! ***
** Requires bilingual in English & Spanish! **
* Must be willing and able to float between floors and facilities, if needed! *
Bilingual RN Job Summary:
Bilingual RN Background:
- Performs routine patient care functions as prescribed by licensed health care providers following established clinical protocols and policies and procedures within defined scope of education, training and responsibilities.
- Performs data collection focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Completes chart preparation and management for scheduled patients.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Follows process for communicating patient test results and followup.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and other pertinent information as required by specific clinic.
- Implements patient education techniques such as: health coaching and teach back to support self-management. Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet them.
- Documents pertinent patient information, nursing procedures and patient responses in EHR, following established guidelines and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
- Applies principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed by the Infection Control policy and procedures.
- Performs point of care testing, including but not limited to urine tests, pregnancy tests, A1C, and others as directed.
- Assists the physician with therapeutic and diagnostic patient care functions which may require sterile technique, wound care, urine catheter insertion/removal, wound care, inhalation treatments, removal or application of dressings, EKG, visual testing, and audiometric testing.
- Handles clinic use medication inventories and orders and replenishes medical supplies, medications, and materials throughout the day as needed. Maintains clinic inventory logs.
- Prepares and administers medications, excluding IV medications, as directed by physician order and in accordance to policy and procedure.
- Participates and responds, when assigned to clinical emergency codes.
- Autoclave: oversight of process to ensure the cleaning, processing, sterilizing and checking of instruments is in compliance to meet audit and infection control requirements.
- Immunization coordination: oversight of clinic’s daily routine workflow, excursion reporting process and emergency vaccine management plan.
- Provides assistance with nursing schedule and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Valid, unrestricted state Registered Nurse (R.N.) license is required.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification (American Heart Association)
- Requires 1-2 years acute care clinical nursing experience.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, database use, and basic data entry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization as well as with external contacts.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.
- Candidates must be fully bilingual (read & write) in both English and Spanish.