Patient Care Technician – Hospital System
*** This is a Full-Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT assignment, expected to last 3 months or longer! ***
Patient Care Technician Job Summary:
Patient Care Technician Background:
- This individual is a certified team member working under the direction of a Registered Nurse to provide quality care that is focused on the comfort and well being of the patient and family.
- Functions include, but are not limited to, basic patient care activities and customer service oriented delivery of care to patients. T
- his position requires a service-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills for the purpose of supporting the delivery of care and services to patients from diverse ethnic and social groups.
- Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of daily routine duties.
- Decisions regarding patient care or services require the review and approval of the Registered Nurse.
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Prefer certification as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), or Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA).
- Minimum 1 year experience in a hospital or clinic setting as a nurse assistant, care partner, medical assistant, or similar.
- Computer skills to include Electronic Health Records (EHR), Microsoft Word, basic data entry, and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- A solid understanding of human anatomy, basic medical terminology, and rehabilitation principles is desired.