Pharmacy Technician - COVID-19 Vaccinations
** Full Time, Benefits Available, CONTRACT position, expected to last 3 months, or longer! **
Pharmacy Technician Summary:
* Must be able to travel up to 75 miles per day *
Pharmacy Technician Profile:
- The Pharmacy Technician is primarily responsible for assisting in administering and maintaining Medicare pharmacy programs in compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Using established guidelines, the Pharmacy Technician reviews requests made by physicians, medical groups, pharmacies and members for the use of prescription drugs and pharmacy benefits.
- They respond to issues and questions regarding the prior authorization of claims and the formulary process.
- Preforms review of processing claims to assess validity and determine financial responsibility for medical services that the member received.
- Duties include communicating with members and providers by phone and responding accordingly to concerns, adjusting and or referring complaints to appropriate departments, and investigating issues to find proper solutions.
- Review, research, code and enter claims through several computer systems; enter patient grants for payment; import and reconcile data from electronic invoice transmissions.
- Must have valid state Pharmacy Technician Certification.
- Additional certification as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) or Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is preferred.
- Around 2 years of Pharmacy Technician experience required, preferably in a hospital or retail environment.
- Familiarity with Formulary Lists including common edits and restrictions.
- Demonstrated superior verbal communication skills by telephone.
- Excellent, clear speaking voice and solid command of the language.
- Possess planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Functions well in an environment that requires incumbent to be a self-starter.